Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Cream Cheese Chicken

This is one of my new favorite things to make - it is SO easy and SO yummy!

Cream Cheese Chicken
Makes: 6 servings Total Time: 6 hr
what you need:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I usually just buy like a package that equals 1.5 lbs or so)
1 stick butter
1 package Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 bar cream cheese
1 pound gemelli pasta (this is the type I use but you can really use any pasta or rice)

make it:
In your slow cooker place the chicken, put stick of butter on top and pour package of Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing onto it all. Cook on low for 5 hours.
Take out chicken and shred/cut up.
Add can of cream of chicken soup and bar of cream cheese into crockpot seasoning/butter mixture and stir. Add shredded chicken back in and stir. Cook on low for one more hour.
Serve over pasta (or rice).

*I usually add 3/4 chardonay after hour 4 or 5
*I only use 1/2 or 1/4c of butter (it really does not need it!)
*I used cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken.  Cream of celery would probably be yummy too!

No comments: