Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

pulled pork sandwiches

I'm a fan of easy, are you? A meal doesn't get any easier than this!

Our local grocer had pork roasts (it could have been a shoulder roast? I'm not sure, I never pay attention) on sale the other day, so I picked one up, and was craving some pulled pork sandwiches! These are by far the best I've ever had, just in terms of juicy, tender meat. I was nervous to try this because I thought the soda would flavor the meat, and it didn't whatsoever.

What you'll need:
Pork roast (you can go big or small, whatever fits your occasion)
Root beer (1-2 cans depending on how big your roast is)
Your favorite BBQ sauce (mine is DEFINITELY Swe.et Ba.by Rays, j likes Cook.ies)

What you'll do:
Put the roast in a crockpot. Pour enough root beer over the roast that the soda comes several inches up the sides of the roast - the roast doesn't need to be completely covered with soda. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove the roast from the crockpot and drain the liquid. Shread the meat (it will fall apart). Put the meat back in the crockpot on the "Keep Warm" setting, and add a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce. It's ready to eat as soon as the sauce is heated. Serve on buns.

YUM!

No comments: