Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Black Eyed Pea Salad


With my recent frustration with what to feed Cailin, I found it amusing that a simple salad I made for my Mommy & Me group was such a hit not only for the mommies but also the kids in the class... including mine. It is so simple to make.

Ingredients:

1 Can Black Eyed Peas drained and rinsed
2 Green Onions chopped
1 Large Tomato diced or the equivalent of cherry tomatoes chopped or whole (about a cup)
1/3 cup Red Pepper chopped
1/3 cup Italian Dressing (I used Newman's Own Light Italian Dressing)
2 Avocados diced

There is no order in which to add the ingredients, but I added the avocados last just in case they might brown. I combined all of the ingredients the night before and let it sit covered in the fridge for the night and then threw in the avocados about 2 hours before class.

Hope you guys enjoy!

1 comment:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That's a favorite in our house too!