Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Two Day Pulled Pork BBQ

This is my favorite BBQ recipe of. all. time!  I get rave review from everyone that tries it and it's the only pulled pork BBQ my husband wants anymore.

Ingredients:
  • Bone-in Boston Butt (size of the cut depends on the amount of BBQ you want) - make sure it can fit in your slow cooker.
  • Your favorite pork BBQ sauce (I use Maurices Original BBQ Sauce)
  • Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, & Salt to taste
Day 1: Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.  Place the roast fat side down in a shallow roasting pan.  Rub the seasonings onto the meat*.  Roast for 45 minutes per pound or until a thermometer reads 185 degrees.  Allow to cool on the counter, then cover and refrigerate overnight.

Day 2: Peel off all visible fat and place the roast into your slow cooker. Add 1 cup of water. Cover and set to low. Cook 4-6 hours or until the meat can be shredded easily with a fork.  I usually pull the bone out after a few hours and stir it up some. When mine is done I can literally stir it with a large spoon to shred it.

In my house we eat this on rolls with sauce and slaw.  Yum!!!

*Use your best judgment and your sniffer when adding the spices. You can always add more, but taking them off can be a huge pain.

No comments: